This list gives the broad disciplinary areas that each tour addresses. For the full details of each tour’s content and location, click on its title.
- • A Power Trip (weekdays) – English political and constitutional history, English legal system, London history, urban planning, social control and surveillance.
- • Rubbish Trip – past, present and future of waste management and materials culture; themes of waste, value and the circular economy; London & local history (emphasis on C19th & C20th).
- • A Genius Tour – Creative confidence and skills; innovation; collaboration and communication; wellbeing and potential; history of literature, art and architecture; psychology.
- • The Environment of London – environmental policy, environmental law, urban planning, London history.
• The London Ear – London history, soundscape studies, noise regulation, sound design, architecture, planning and cities.
- • Chimneys & Tunnels along the River – urban development, industrialisation and the history of pollution control in London.
- • Greenwich Bestiary – Greenwich social history, architecture and assorted whimsy.
- • London In Slow Motion – London history, politics and economics, planning and cities, music and literature, mindfulness.
Rosie’s environmental walk through London’s well known streets was inspired, surprising, funny, and deeply informative. Rosie is a font of knowledge about environmental law and policy, and about our living environment in London. She brings this knowledge to bear in highly engaging ways through her walking tours, showing us how to see our everyday surroundings with new ideas and new eyes. The walk was fabulous for locals and visitors alike. The whole group (approx 30 people) were raving about the experience over our dinner that followed.
Professor Eloise Scotford, University College London
Past Study Groups
Here are some examples of student research groups and education professionals who have booked Dotmaker Tours to feed their own practice.
- Masters students from UCL studying Environmental Law & Policy came on A Rubbish Trip and Chimneys & Tunnels Along the Thames.
- Masters students from Imperial College London studying Environmental Technology came on A Rubbish Trip.
- Foreign postgraduate students studying Law at UCL came on A Power Trip.
- Masters students from Bern University, Switzerland studying Non-verbal Communication came on The London Ear as part of a week long ‘Sensing the City’ field trip to London.
- Undergraduate students studying Medicine and the History of Science in London at Dickinson College, Pennsylvania USA came on A Genius Tour.
- Undergraduate students from Eckerd College, Florida USA, studying ‘Literature and Garbage’ came on A Rubbish Trip.
- Postgraduate researchers and artists from the Critical Practice group, Chelsea College of the Arts, University of the Arts London came on A Rubbish Trip and A Power Trip.
- International education professionals taking the British Council & UCL Museum Training School module on Community Engagement came on The Greenwich Bestiary.
- BA students on the Creative Writing and Design courses at Greenwich University came on The Greenwich Bestiary.
- Masters students studying User Experience Design at London College of Communication came on A Rubbish Trip.
- Zanaflex get you high
- Pepcid for sale online
- Cheap tegretol canada
- Can you buy bactroban ointment over the counter
Find out more
For more details and a conversation about what you’re looking for from a tour, contact Dotmaker Tours.